Friday, January 29, 2016

Bullying.

I've been bullied before. It's really one of the worst things ever because it makes you question everything about yourself. 
When I was little,  I guess I was an easy target for bullying. I was small and quiet and shy and pretty easily swayed into doing what other people wanted. I never had the guts to stand up for myself, which made me an easy target. 
Luckily, I had and still have amazing friends and amazing people around me, so even when I was younger, I wasn't bullied often. 

I can say from personal experience that when you get bullied, you want to crawl into a hole and never leave. I questioned everything I did and everything I said. The kind of pain that bullying inflicts upon you strikes so deeply. 
Nobody should be bullied, especially not for being different or weird. Everyone is fighting their own battles and who knows really what's going on in their lives? So what right do we have for pointing out the flaws of others for our own enjoyment? No one should have to have the constant feeling that who they are is wrong, because if you are who God made you to be, you will set the world on fire. 


My patron saint :)

Luckily, at my school, there's no bullying threat. My friends and classmates are all amazing and unique and can brighten my mood any day. They all crack me up. 
{For instance, today in Latin Lab, two of my classmates came up with a new name for the water fountain in the hallway... the mouth shower and the fountain of life. 
And I get to be with these people every day.} 

My only advice for bullied people is surround yourself with God and the wonderful people that God has put in your life. Don't focus on what they say about you because, in the words of Taylor Swift, (I know, don't judge me) 

Thank you for allowing me to rant. Again. I appreciate it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment