Sunday, January 24, 2016

One Life LA 2016.

Being sick is a horrid thing. 

Yesterday my high school to LA for the Walk for Life event. It was very loud, very long, and the crowd was huge, but it was fun. There were only a few anti-protesters, which was surprising. When I went up to San Francisco for last year's walk, there were a ton of pro-choice people. 

I won't deny the fact that I did wish we had been able to go up to NorCal this year. Last year was so much fun. I am glad that I got to sleep in my own bed that night instead of on the floor in a sleeping bag in a crowded gym with like fifty people... 

We got to go to Mass afterwards with the archbishop in Our Lady of the Angel's Cathedral.(The Mass was live-streaming on the website. Did you watch it?? Wasn't it beautiful? I mean, I think I would have changed the music, but still...) It was two hours long, but it really felt shorter. That cathedral is so beautiful! Towards the end, they lit 200 candles had then turned off all the lights and observed 200 seconds of silence. 200-- because there were approximately 200 abortions throughout California since the sun rose that morning. 

During those 200 seconds of darkness and silence, I think a lot of us cried... 

It was beautiful. It really was. 

After Mass, we went and got a late dinner at Phillipe's, which was fun. It's a really cool restaurant, and if you're ever in LA, I recommend the pastrami. Then we piled into our carpools and drove home. 
The drive back was interesting. Shall I paint a picture? Picture a late night and a bunch of teenagers in a fifteen-seat van, everyone exhausted and stuffing their faces with cookies and donuts from Krispy Kreme, laughing their heads off because suddenly everything seemed hilarious. 
But we're good people. We did pray from some of he ride too. 
But I won't deny the sugar highs and and the laughing. 
At one point, we were stopped and there was a truck next to us that was also stopped, and on top of the truck was a water bottle. We all made bets on whether or not it would stay there when the truck moved. 
It shockingly did, at least until the truck turned the corner and we couldn't see it anymore. 

So I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the fact that I woke up sick this morning. I ate a ton of junk yesterday and... well, I was in LA all day. 
I'm off to drink more tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment