Friday, January 15, 2016

Californian Stereotypes and Back to the Future.

My biology teacher was talking about how everyone thinks that Californians wear shorts and flip-flops year-round and we're all blond surfers. 

Okay, maybe the shorts and flip-flops thing, but I'm very brunette. And I don't surf. It's a very sad thing actually, I've always wanted to. 

Seriously, there are nineteen people in my grade and only two are blond and surf. 

I think the only stereotype of Californians that's completely true is that we consider In-n-Out a way of life. 
And the flip-flops thing, but we pretend to have seasons so we don't talk about that. 



Also. 
I met Biff today. 
Biff. From Back to the Future. 

Yeah. 

Another stereotype of Californians is that we all live next door to famous people, and while that is so not true..... it's kind of true. 
Okay it's not.
How cool would that be though?? 

Anyways, Tom Wilson, who played Biff in Back to the Future, came to my acting class today at school. (Yes, I'm doing the play this year. No I'm not planning on dropping out...) He and the director of the play are friends because the director has worked with a lot of actors and stuff. 
I feel like it's not that fair. I mean, I got to meet Biff, but I haven't even seen the movies. And yet, Harrison Ford was in this cafe I go to a lot just a year or so ago and I wasn't there. 


I should probably go watch Back to the Future just to make it fair and so I can actually appreciate meeting him and all. 

He gave us a talk about acting and getting into character and memorizing lines and stuff and it was actually super cool. His advice was really good. It was seriously really great to meet him. 

So, I'm exhausted. I just ate a brownie and now I feel sick. It was so hard to get out of bed so early every morning this week, so I'm looking forward to sleeping in.
Good night, oh ye who read this, which is probably only like four people. 

You four peoples are very much appreciated and I hope your weekend is filled with happiness and pineapples. 

No comments:

Post a Comment