Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I have essence problems.

I wish I could do NaNoWriMo, but I have a feeling that if I try I would never get farther than 1,000 words at best. School is sucking up my very essence and I don't like it. 
But education is such a wonderful thing and you should be grateful that you get to learn all these amazing things and some kids never finish high school at all or don't get any education whatsoever... 
Yes, I know and I really am lucky for an opportunity to go to such a great school and I'm sure that once I hit college I'll look back on these days and be grateful. But I happen to like my essence right where it is thankyouverymuch. 

So. HMS Pinafore. Another thing that's sucking up my essence. 

HMS Pinafore is a play that my school is putting on this year. The high school is putting it on which includes yours truly. Basically, the play is a comedy about a boat. 

Wow. Theres a sentence thats never been spoken before. 

Ok, so theres a captain of a ship, the HMS Pinafore (where do they come up with these boat names??) and his daughter is in love with one of the crew members. But her father wants her to marry this other rich guy. So then, the crew member and the daughter dramatically declare their undying love for each other and plan to *cough* run away together. The father finds out and refuses to let her do this. And THEN a lady named Buttercup comes on who has a "dark secret" and her "dark secret" is revealed which turns the whole play upside down. Then the Hulk leaps onto the stage and... 

Ok, never mind the last part. 

I'm actually pretty excited, I've never done a play like this before. Of course, naturally the older kids get the fun parts, so I'm going to be in the chorus. Which is fine! I'm perfectly happy to have my essence sucked up while singing with twenty other kids. 

{Omigosh, I need to let my essence be sucked up and be DONE with it already!!! }

And now, I shall get excited about Magnus Chase and the gods of Asgard. 

Magnus CHASE. Do you know what this means????? Annabeth is somehow related to this Magnus character and perhaps Percy will live on!!! I'm sorry, but I love Percy too much, he can't simply be DONE WITH. 

And my books to read list grows longer still. 

Until next time, when Abby shall loose it completely. 

--Abby

2 comments:

  1. Cool new background! :)
    I can't wait to read the Magnus Chase series either! Have you read the Blood Of Olympus yet? Lu has read it and Claire's in the middle of it, and I get to read it when they are done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    Nope haven't read it yet, but I can't wait to!

    ReplyDelete