Sunday, October 19, 2014

I made Love seem evil. Mea culpa.

Alright I told you I had a story I was going to post. I hope you like it! The ending is a little bit unfinished, but I couldn't figure out a way to end it. The story in general is a little dark. I apologize. In English we're reading The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis and I guess that kinda gave me the idea, but I'm not sure where the darkness came from. 

One more thing: My artwork I promised to post is... coming along. Its taking longer than expected and I'm wondering if I should post it at all. I'm not good at drawing on screens... 

Ok, here we go: 

   He paced back and forth in the grand room, fire heating up in the back of his throught. Where was she? She had said twelve noon. The small table was perfectly set up; the tablecloth spotless, the china sparkling white and blue. 
   The fire kept building. He growled, "Where is she? She promised to be here!" His eyes sparkled like a mad man's when double crossed. 
   He was about to give up and leave when the door opened. A little girl, no more than five by appearance, walked in. "You weren't about to give up, were you? Anger is not one to give up so easily." 
   He looked at this little girl. "You couldn't be the one I am waiting for. She is not so innocent." 
   The little girl smiled. "But Love can be very inncocent. I believe you are waiting for my other form." 
   The girl changed into an older woman, young, but older. She was dressed in an orange outfit and her hands were connected by handcuffs. 
   She sighed, "Love is not always so innocent. Love can rip people apart. Sometimes, Love can be even more destructive than Anger, don't you think?" 
   She smiled teasingly. 
   His fire turned to a nuclear explosion.He screamed and kicked the beautiful tea table over. 
   "Now, now," she chided, "You're too obvious. That's your problem." She sat down in a chair nest to the overturned table and sipped a cup of tea. "Love is surprising. Love destroys silently." 
   "Who are you?" he breathed. 
   She shrugged. "I go by many names. I am Agape, to some. Eros, to others. To the little ones I am Philia. Or Storge. But how are you to know? Anger is never one to know who Love is." 
   He breathed slowly. This girl had come late, insulted him, and acted as though she didn't care. 
   "That's right," she said, a mischievous twinkle in her eye. "Love has no cares. Love will make or break you life and move on, never again thinking of it." 
   Had she read his thought?  

OK OK OK I KNOW I'M SORRY I'M REALLY SORRY LOVE ISN'T EVIL I WAS BEING WEIRD THAT DAY!!! Love is actually an amazing thing and now you should forget that I made Love seem horrible. 

I really like capitalizing words that usually aren't capitalized to make them seem like people, like Love and Anger for example. I don't know why. I'm crazy. 

Tonight is the school Oktoberfest. Oktoberfest is one of my favorite school events , so I'm pretty excited. Plus I now have a newfound knowledge of German food from International day. 

Au revoir! (I really like French, even though I only know a little) 

--Abby

3 comments:

  1. You should post your artwork! please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, post your pictures! And thats a really cool story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, you guys are sweet XD I probably will once I finish

    ReplyDelete