Friday, October 3, 2014

Jog-a-thon

My school picked the worst day possible for a jog-a-thon. 

That's right. I ran almost five miles before lunch today. And then I ate Chick-Fil-A. And then I felt like throwing up. In this heat.

So we get to the park and its already heating up. They always have a table with bagels, muffins, water, lemonade, etc. I knew if I ate/drank something sugary I wouldn't make it through the jog-a-thon so all I had was water. EVEN SO I just barely made it. I was running with some friends and twice I said, "I'm gonna stop for a sec, I feel nauseous." 
IT WAS REALLY PATHETIC. I ONLY RAN 25 LAPS AND YET I FELT HORRIBLE. 

I'm a mess. I can't run. 

Blaze, however, ran 48 laps. And Penguin ran 30. 

After, everyone was sprawled out on the grass breathing slowly or running around the playground when they brought out--

drumroll, please

*drumroll* 

THE CHICK-FIL-A COW! 

It was girl, weirdly. Isn't it usually a boy? It had a pink shirt and a bow and stuff... Anyway, if you've never had a chicken sandwich from Chick-Fil-A, SHAME! MEGA-SHAME! YOU'RE MISSING OUT! It's like a little piece of Heaven has taken the form of chicken deliciousness and landed in your hands. They're so good!!!!! 
After that, some kids from my class and I sat on the grass and entertained ourselves with those mini cows they hand out and sang random songs. 
As soon as I got home, I kicked off my shoes and collapsed on my bed and just breathed... Until my mom said I had to go to my orthodontist appointment. I couldn't bring myself to get up. I could've spent an hour just laying on my bed and relaxing my tired feet. Finally I said to myself, Abby, you have to move now. I moved my leg over an inch. 
There, I moved. 

I have a couple stories I'm working on, but I'm too tired right now to work on them. I'll be back when I'm not dragging myself around and then collapsing anymore.


--Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment