Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Last Week of Summer.

One week. 

Is it possible that for nine months, all I looked forward to was summer break, and now it's over?? Is it possible that on the first day of summer, tenth grade seemed far away? Well it still seems far away, sort of. That days have been marching by at a painfully slow pace, but at the same time, I feel like it's going so fast that I need to hit a pause button and breathe for a minute. Once school starts, I'll definitely need a pause button. 

Some schools have already started, and hearing my friends who go to different schools talk about it makes me feel a little more ready for summer to end. I only have a week... 

Once again, I failed to learn surfing this year. Like I always do. But I did do a lot of other things: paddle board (which I really hope to do again before school starts), visited lots of family on the EC, visited with Maddie twice, went to the beach a lot, wrote an inordinate amount of... words... (I dunno, I wrote a lot, okay?) 

I actually met 27K today, so I'm happy. I'll definitely make 30K by next week. 

In a way, I'm looking forward to the busyness. I kind of like the challenge of high school, and it gives me something to do, other than re-read all the books on my shelves and watch Kid Snippets with Penguin. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again and getting a rhythm back into my life. Although waking up at seven and doing geometry first thing in the morning still doesn't appeal to me, and I doubt it ever will. (I recently learned that math is first period this year and I'm rather bitter about it.) 

I'm not looking forward to stressful studying, the never-ending feeling of unfinished work hanging over your head, and the horrible sensation of your heart falling into your stomach when you enter a classroom and finding out that yes, you DID have a test today. 

I have to get straight A's on my report card at least once this year. Blaze got straight A's last year and will never let me hear the end of it if I don't get it this year. Oh, and sure, because it looks good on college applications, of course, but mostly because I can't let Blaze best me at everything. I think it's a pride thing. I'm working on fixing it. 

I should sign off and do drivers ed. I've got two or three more online lessons before the exam *screams into pillow*. 

--Abby

8 comments:

  1. You should definitely take advantage of this last week of freedom and do something super summery (like paddle boarding). Enjoy it while you can!
    Good luck on driver ed! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really should, UGH LAST WEEK!!
      Thanks! Scared for the exam...
      How was your first day of classes??

      Delete
  2. Ugh this is my last week too! :( Where did the summer go?!? :P Three months, and they're over! *sniffs* Well, I'm still at home, so it's not as big a change as for you, but it's still SCHOOL!
    Oh, I get you. Besting your brother is very important. (It shouldn't be, but there you go!) Lol. XD
    Yay! 30K is a BIG accomplishment and you're sooo close! Good luck! And on drivers' ed too. You can do it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and this is me (Monica), sorry. I accidentally used Mom's (which I use since I don't have a blogspot account, except for your blog cuz it's set up differently!). Sorry! :P

      Delete
    2. Come back summer!! Ugh, why.
      Its so important!! Although, I only have two of them, so its a little less of a challenge numbers-wise, but they're pretty good at comebacks and stuff. I'll come into a room and we'll start insulting each other and having comeback wars like its the most casual thing ever. Its pretty much how we work now xD
      I KNOW I'M SO CLOSE it's crazy, this is the longest thing I've ever written before!!
      Oh gosh, thank you! I'm so scared to drive.
      :D

      Delete
    3. Haha, I figured it was you ;p Don't worry about it.

      Delete
  3. I know right!! Haha. XD
    Good for you!!! :P Keep it up! Have you ever done NaNoWriMo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but I'm thinking about doing it this year. The problem is, I'm so wrapped up in my current story, and then of course there's school... idk, I'm hoping to do it tho.

      Delete