Friday, August 21, 2015

Quick Post in which I Freak Out (nothing new)

*clears throat nervously* 

School starts on Wednesday. Five days and counting. 

But no, that's not why I'm freaking out. 

Tomorrow: Saturday, August 22, 2015. Nothing special, right? 
WRONG. SO WRONG. 

I'm taking my driving permit exam tomorrow!!!!!!!! I'm sooooo scared, omigosh omigosh omigosh..... 
Cuz the thing is, I took multiple quizzes throughout the lessons, and yeah, I did okay, but not... outstanding. I got to retake all of the ones I didn't do so well on, so thats good, but I mean, this is the final exam. What if I fail?? I'm pretty sure I could retake if I totally bomb, but what if there's like a limited amount of times you can retake or something?? What if I fail so miserably that I have to go through all the lessons again??? 

I CAN'T CONCENTRATE ON ANYTHING YOU GUYS I'M A MESS RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!! 

Seriously, I can't think about anything else. This feels so much bigger than a school exam for some reason. 
Whenever I talk to Blaze about how many freaking lessons I had to do and how much harder this is than I thought, he's like, "Pssh, it's driving. What's so hard about it? What could they possibly teach you that takes so long? I mean, you turn on the car and try to get to your destination without dying; it's not rocket science!" 
Oh Blaze. You would be sooo surprised. 
I think I would prefer rocket science. 
(No I wouldn't, but let me have my moment.) 

I don't know why I'm so stressed. I thought it was because I want to drive so badly, but really, I don't think that's it. I do want to drive, but after hearing about all the car crashes and how every sixteen seconds a teen is involved in a car accident, makes me kind of scared for it. 

Sometimes I'm like: Driving! Yes! Total freedom! 
And other times I'm like: Freedom? I don't think so. Who wants to drive when you can sit shotgun and text till your thumbs fall off? 

(I actually don't text that much, but I'm trying to make a point.) 

So yeah, prayers would definitely be appreciated! I'll try not to faint tomorrow. 
OH you know what makes it even worse?? Before the final, they have a section titled, Are You Ready for your Final? 

NO, OF COURSE NOT, WHO EVER FEELS READY FOR A FINAL. STOP PSYCHING ME OUT AND GIVE ME THE STUPID TEST ALREADY. 

I'm gonna go hyperventilate try to calm down now. 
--Me, possibly California's soon-to-be newest sort-of driver... 

2 comments: