Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Day One in a Long Year of Tenth Grade.

Okay, where did I leave off... 
Oh yeah. Jalapeno poppers. 
So, day before school, right? I was making jalapeno poppers with Penguin, and of course, I was singing while I was de-seeding the jalapenos and Penguin was tolerating my singing. Well, until he burned himself. His hands burned, then he burned his eyes, then his nose! How do you burn your hands from jalapenos? I mean, I understand the eyes and the nose, but he was just holding them! How did his hands get burned?
He probably wont appreciate me sharing his sufferings, but I just ate some Chinese food and some Oreos, so there's really no stopping me at this point. xDDD
Well, I pretty much continued them on my own, and they turned out pretty good. 

Getting ready for school was a lot of work. For one thing, Penguin and I needed new shoes because the school changed the shoe dress code (again) and we didn't have the appropriate shoes, so we went to the mall and got new ones. While Penguin was trying on his shoes, I put on some high heels and waltzed around for a bit for the heck of it. I have never been in heels that high. Well, I have now... 


Last night, I kind of had a panic attack. I was watching TV and when I turned it off, I remembered that I had school the next day and my brain went into panic attack mode. Then this morning, I had an even bigger panic attack. I felt nauseous, like I was going to throw up, and I kept having to sit down. 
So THEN, I get to school, and of course, I have a bottom locker for the fourth freaking year in a row. But so does Blaze, so he can't make fun of me. So then naturally, we have the usual first-day-of-school Mass. In the main hall. Where there is no air conditioning. I literally almost fainted. I was still feeling nauseous too, so that was a great way to start off the year. 
Then was the annual doughnut social they have every year. Basically, we eat doughnuts and socialize with the new people and get to know the new teachers and stuff. Then the headmaster gave his usual speech about the basic rules and dress code and virtues and such. 
Then started classes. Since it was the first day, we only had twenty minute classes. I have geometry, theology, english, history, latin, and biology, in that order. It varies a couple days, like on Fridays we have PE instead of theology, among a few other things. 
After school, I only had a little bit of homework, I helped Blaze cover his history book and his vocab book with contact paper in exchange for him helping me cover my biology book tomorrow, and I finished off the day with aerial and orange chicken. 
Anyway, I have no idea whats going to happen this year, and who knows if I'll still be sane by the end of it. It already feels like I've been doing this for a month, at least. It certainly didn't feel like the first day of school. But I feel more ready for it now. 
So. I'm in tenth grade. 
I'm gonna brace myself. 
--Abby, the tenth grader

No comments:

Post a Comment