Sunday, December 28, 2014

My post-Christmas post because I was too lazy to post on the actual day

IM SORRY BUT I WAS BUSY OKAY??? 

I look at all the other blogs I follow and they did these wonderfully written posts about Christmas while I was stuffing my face with chocolate, trying to beat my cousin's score on Diner Dash, and opening my new moccasins (I got them in black!!!). Yes, my dear readers, I got Minnetonkas from my mother! I believe I posted about Minnetonkas a while back... I also got earrings, makeup, candy, a notebook, the card game "Quiddler", and a fancy picture frame, which currently has no picture in it, but will soon. 

We had our cousins over, as I mentioned. This is always chaotic because if all of my family, Maddie's family, and my grandparents are in our house, there is a grand total of twelve kids and six adults. So, eighteen in all. And my house is small. And many of these kids are seven or under. 

On Christmas day, we opened our stockings and then we went to Mass in the morning at the college near my house. After that we came home and ate a delicious breakfast that my mom had made. Then it was present time. Sadly I can't tell you what I got for my mom because something happened and it wont get here until Monday. But, I did get my dad a Patriots apron! 

One of my favorite moments from Christmas day was after dinner. Me, Maddie, her older brother Max (who claims he's a year older than me, but don't listen to him; he's actually only 364 day older), Lanie, Blaze, Penguin, and my younger cousin Phil were all cleaning up in the kitchen. Actually, Penguin and Phil were goofing off more than they were cleaning... Max washed the dishes, Lanie and Maddie dried, and Blaze and I put away. We had my dad's wireless speaker and Max's iPod out and were singing along to a bunch of stupid songs. But we didn't really care that the songs were stupid; it was fun to be together, working together and having fun together. 

Last night, Maddie, Lanie and I watched the movie Divergent. A lot of my friends had encouraged me to watch it before, and so I was eager to see it (even though I haven't read the book. Shhh). I was slightly disappointed though. The ending was disappointing, it was a little too dark for my tastes, and the plot in general was confusing. But that may be due to the fact that I haven't read the book and/or that we missed the beginning of the movie. Maybe I should try reading the book and then watching it again to see if I can understand it better. 

My holiday was very blessed and fun and wonderful, and having family there to share it with me made it all the better. I hope yours was equally amazing, and I also hope you remembered to keep Christ in Christmas! Because without Christ, we have no Christmas. 

Before I go: 


My new mocs!! 

I know you'll do your very best to ignore the giant holes in my jeans. Thank you. 

My new notebook 


My new miss-matched earrings 

Merry Christmas! 
(And don't tell me that Christmas is already over; Christmas lasts for twelve days! Ever heard of the song The Twelve Days of Christmas?) 

--Abby

5 comments:

  1. Those moccasins are SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new mocs, too, Abby. Very neat. And I loved reading about your Christmas day with your cousins. Sounds terrific--Gma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was! wish we had some of your snow though...

      Delete