Sunday, December 7, 2014

Recitals, shoes, and sore feet

Today was our very first ever piano recital! It was in a cute little church about a half an hour away. We all got very dressed up (I actually got a new dress for the occasion) and I put on makeup, which is a very rare occurrence for me. I hate taking off makeup, for one thing, and it also makes me feel kind of....artificial, I guess? I mean, I don't mind it, but I wouldn't wear it on an ordinary day to school or anything. 

Ok, I'm going off on a tangent. 

We got to the church and got organized and such. I was seventh, and I was super nervous! Lilian went first (have I mentioned that she and Penguin started piano too? Well, they have) and she went on stage and announced her name and the song she was going to play and then went over to the piano and played like five notes before getting up, bowing and walking back to her seat and I think I died laughing. She was so adorable and didn't freeze up or anything! It was hilarious! She's so cute. 

Then Mary Rose went. We had been able to wrestle her into a skirt and blouse and broke it to her that no, she could not wear her hat on stage (she doesn't go anywhere without it). And she looked nice! She did well on her song too. 

Then Penguin went, then Blaze, then me. I was so nervous, I was shaking the whole time. I was having this mental panic attack as I sat down at the piano: Omigosh I'm going to mess up, my hands are shaking so much, I'm going to forget all the dynamics... 
Then I had another mental panic attack because for a brief second, I forgot what song I was playing! But then I started playing and I calmed down. I played We Three Kings. And naturally, I totally left out the dynamics, but its all over so theres nothing I can do about it now. 

The other kids were great too. There were a few who played songs from the Nutcracker, and that was fun to hear. The very last kid had been playing piano for six years, I learned afterwards. He was amazing! He played The Turkish March by Mozart, and he played it perfectly! is hands were flying, it was so cool! 

There was a couple weird songs. A few from Avatar that were beautiful, actually. Then there was this one kid who got up with a guitar and played Grenade by Bruno Mars. Yeah, we all felt his Christmas spirit XD. He even sang it. *face palm* 

On Friday, we had a rec day at school and we all went ice skating. I haven't been ice skating in five years or so, so naturally I stunk. I only fell once, though. I landed on the ice and threw my hands up triumphantly and shouted, "Falling gracefully!" Now that I think about it, I should have said something like, "Yup, the gravity still works!" XD Anyway, it was fun, a lot of my friends were there and so we all went slightly crazy. Blaze and Penguin were naturals and they haven't been ice skating for like five years either! I wasn't a natural.... When I got home, all I wanted to do was soak my poor, abused feet in hot water until the soreness went away. They're still sore.  

Speaking of feet, I fell in love a few days ago. Click here and I guarantee you'll fall in love too. ;) The thing is, I really like moccasins. I used to wear them all the time before I met Converse and Keds. They're so comfy and they're the kind of shoes that you can wear forever and love forever. I saw some Minnetonkas at a store yesterday and inside I was dying: 
"Oh Minnetonkas, how I wish I could take you home with me!" 
Then why don't you? You love me and I love making you comfortable. Its a win-win! 
"But I can't! Sadly, theres this thing called money that I don't exactly have with me..." 
But you have enough! 
"I KNOW but I'll be near broke if I buy you right now!" 
But look at me... Sitting on this rack waiting for someone to make happy... I'm so lonely! 
"mrkhglvguhirutkrdnhutrhn" 
(That was me struggling inside) 

I'll probably end up buying a pair for myself as a Christmas present (to myself, from myself. Maybe I'll gift-wrap them too...) and maybe I'll get someone else a pair too as a present 'cause I'm generous. x) 
--Abby


No comments:

Post a Comment