Friday, March 20, 2015

Upcoming: Medieval Day

Ok, I've been kind of bad about posting lately, but I have a good reason! 
("She's gonna say it..." you thing. "Please don't say it..."
School has been sucking up my VERY ESSENCE. 
("She said it."

My science test went pretty well, I think. Not as well as I would have liked it to. One question was "Name the three 'twist's in the plot' that occurred in this time'" and I had studied for this one really hard. So I was going over them in my mind, and I mentally named the first two, but I couldn't for the life of me remember the third! Then I FINALLY remembered the third, and then I forgot the first! So, I ended up guessing on the first one, but the last two I got right, I know. 

It was a hard test. 

But now I'd like to talk about Medieval Day. 

Every year, my school does either a classics day or a medieval day. Classics day is more Greek themed, while medieval day is, well... medieval. 

Everyone is split up into teams. This year, Blaze and I are both on the Celts, while Penguin is on the Franks. On the actual day, there are plays, competitions, a feast, and no actual academic classes (!!!). There's going to be a stilt-walking race, and one member of each team has to participate in that. For my team, that one member is Blaze. So that should be interesting. He's already bragging about how good he is. 
We also are assigned characters, I guess you could say. Blaze is my team's champion and I'm-- drum roll, please-- the princess.
I know I'm fifteen, and fifteen year olds are supposed to be all mature and stuff, but I am soooo good with being a princess ;). I'm going to wear a green maxi skirt and some sort of shawl thing... It's not super princess-y, but it's kind of all I have thats medieval. 

My latin class is doing a play for medieval day. We were going to do it in latin, but we translated it into old English so we could do it for medieval day. 
My english class is doing a play too-- a passion play. It's kind of scary. We painted a hell-mouth for it and it looks like a giant rat. So thats great. We get to walk into a giant rat. Fun. But I guess it's appropriate, I mean, it's the hell mouth, and rats are... rats. So it works. 

Ok, I'm going to leave now and come back when I actually have something to post about. We have some family visiting from the East Coast, and so I may not post for a week or so. Which I guess is why I'm doing this post. Kind of a sorry-not-sorry thing. 
--Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment