Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Big rambles condensed into a decent post.

Tomorrow is the feast of the Annunciation! 

And, to a lesser extent, Medieval Day. 

I have art class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and as this is a Tuesday, I went to the lab for art during the period in which I usually go to art. BUT today is no ordinary Tuesday peoples; it's the day before Medieval Day, also known as scrambling-to-pull-it-all-together-the-day-before-day. 
Sooo, I asked my teacher if we had art today since there was pretty much nobody in the lab and he said that most people were using this period to get everything ready for Medieval Day. He said I could do what I wanted for the period. 

I found myself heading toward the soccer field, where a bunch of students were painting their banners. I saw some kids from my class painting something for our passion play tomorrow and I helped them out. 
It didn't last long, though. People ended up shooting each other with the bows and arrows they're using for the archery contest tomorrow or failing at putting glitter on stilts (long story), OR hitting each other with pool noodles. I have no idea what the pool noodles are going to be used for, but I'm kind of scared for it...

So now I'm excited for tomorrow. I have my costume ready and I really like my team. Even if we don't win, it'll be a lot of fun. 

On a less exciting note, I'm stressing like no other!!!!! I'm supposed to have two idea proposals for my big science thing in by Thursday and I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!! We were given a handout explaining the whole thing and it only stressed me out more. My friend was sitting next to me when we were talking about this, and I said something about how stressed I was for it and he told me how he was excited. 
0.o 
How is that possible. 

I keep thinking of Summer. Wasn't it not so long ago I did a post about the beginning of school and the end of Summer... and now the year's almost over. It feels weird, like the school year goes by really quickly, but in the moment it takes forever. If that makes sense. 
I keep thinking of playing volleyball on the beach with friends from school; laying on beach towels on a near-empty beach at sunset with these friends of mine that I've known forever, talking about books and blogs and such; reading the night away and not having to worry about being tired at school the next day; shopping with Maddie; etc. etc. etc. My goal this Summer is to learn how to surf. I've wanted to learn forever, and I'm determined to learn. (I was determined last year too, but we all see how well that worked...)
I also want to finally finish reading LotR, which I reaaalllllly need to do. I know. Yes. I have never finished the Lord of the Rings. I've never had a childhood, I know, it's quite sad, and mostly my fault. Which is why I need to actually sit down and READ IT for five hours straight. Yeah, thats should work. 

Anyways, last night I found a book on my bed called Climbing the Stairs. I don't know where it came from or how it got into my room--or into my house, for that matter-- but I picked it up and opened it and couldn't put it down. Again, no idea who put it in my room, but whoever it was must have somehow known that I love books like this. 
It's about a Hindu family, and there are some parts that talk about the Hindu religion and that sort of thing tends to make me want to throw the book down and scream "NO THATS NOT TRUE THERES THIS THING CALLED CATHOLICISM YOU SHOULD HEAR ABOUT!!"--But I can't because the book is so good x). 
I'll do a review when I finish. 

--Abby

3 comments:

  1. Love this post! Have fun a Medieval Day tomorrow! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! im super excited for tomorrow! i'll see if i can take a picture of my costume and send it to you ;) i'm pretty proud of it

      Delete
    2. That would be awesome, thx!

      Delete