Sunday, March 22, 2015

Cinderella

Today I saw Cinderella, and I know a lot of people who say it's really great, and then I also know many people who say it's not that good. 
I'm taking the it's-really-great side. 



Okay, first of all, THE DRESSES!!!!!! I will never be able to wear any dress again without remembering this movie and sighing. If I could wear something like that every day, I would. It was kind of interesting to see Cinderella dance with the prince in this dress, though; I kept expecting him to trip or something. 




My favorite scene, by far, was the scene with the fairy godmother. When we first saw her, she was old and shriveled up in an ancient brown robe that she must have borrowed from Gandalf... and then left outside for about a year. My first thought, when she came on screen, was EVIL. WITCH. EVIL WITCH. Her back was turned, it was dark, and her staff glowed an ominous blue that practically screamed I'M EVIL DON'T TRUST ME I CAN TURN YOU INTO AN UGLY BROWN TOAD BEFORE YOU CAN SAY BIPPITY BOPPITY BOO. Rosie actually said out loud, "Whoa, who's that??" 
When she said, "Now, let me slip into something more comfortable," or something like that, I was expecting her to stay older, but wearing some sort of gown with wings or something and be more of a sweet grandmother. But I loved what they did instead, making her younger and much more witty and charming. She was a lot of fun. 

Over all, the whole movie was so cute and, even though some scenes were a bit cheesy, I loved it and will definitely see it again. 



Favorite line: I can't drive, I'm a goose! 

My rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars 



--Abby

2 comments:

  1. I love when you do these book/movie reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you like them! i'm hoping to do them more often x)

      Delete