Friday, April 10, 2015

Easter Poem (I'm so behind on life)

Okay, I meant to post this a while ago, but I forgot. Like I always do. Bear with me. 

Easter Poem* by moi 

They tear down this Temple, 
They watch as lightning strikes; 
They try to solve their problems, 
They try to make it right. 

They try to stop the sun from shining 
They watch as blood with tears 
Mingle, trying to stop the prophesy 
Proclaimed for all those years: 

"The Son of Man shall come!" 
Isaiah did declare. 
Though what they did not realize
Is that the Son of Man is here. 

They killed the Son of God. 
They murdered the Son of Man. 
A stone rolled closed, and three days later
Glorified, Christ stands. 

So stand and praise in song! 
For God, glorified be
Father, Son, and Holy Spirit 
Sing on through eternity. 


*I don't even have a title for it. This is sad... 

It's been forever since I've posted a poem on here! This one I kinda like, even though theres no meter and the rhyming is a bit off in some places, and theologically, I'm not sure if it's all correct...
Anyways, I feel bad for not posting any of my poems or anything for so long, so this is a make-up poem kind of a thing. Hope you (my four readers) like it! 

Tonight, Blaze has his first ever babysitting gig! Well, sort of. He's babysat my littler sibs before, but tonight, he and I are going to babysit two little kids-- in a hotel. Fancy. 
He's not much of a babysitter, and I kinda doubt he wants to be, but I asked him to come along to help me tonight and plus, he'll do practically anything as long as he gets paid. 

I did work on my story yesterday, as I mentioned! I'm going to find time to do some more work on it this afternoon. 

--Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment