Friday, April 24, 2015

Little Boy

Last night, my school was invited to a private, school-only premier of the new movie Little Boy. You may or may not have seen the trailer if you went to see Cinderella. Anyways, I wasn't planning on going, but Em and Grace convinced me. I had a heck of a time getting a last-minute reservation, but it was so worth it. 

Grace and I got a ride with Em, but beforehand, we went to Goodwill to look for dresses to wear for a school dance tomorrow. I found nothing. Nothing. The good news is, I have a dress I can wear in my closet, so that worked out. I didn't have to spend any money, at least. 
Well actually I did. We also went to a little cafe across the street from Goodwill, where I got the most amazing chai latte ever! 

But, okay, the movie. 


It was such a beautiful story, words don't even begin to describe. By the end, Hannah, Em, and I were all crying. And I NEVER cry in movies! With the exception of The Passion... Grace and a few others sitting with us thought we were crazy and kept saying, "It's a movie!" 
NO. IT'S NOT. 
KIND OF. 

This movie showed such powerful love a little boy can have for his father. It showed us the world from an eight-year-old's eyes. The movie was much more sad than I thought it would be, but I loved it all the same. 
AND WHEN HE GIVES HIS DAD THE BOOTS!! I CRIED IT WAS SO SAD AND BEAUTIFUL AND UGH I WAS A MESS. 

David Henrie's character ticked me off though. It was annoying because I've actually met David Henrie and he's a super nice guy and he's Catholic or Christian (can't remember which). So it was weird and aggravating to see him drinking and getting arrested and holding a gun to poor Hashimoto. Like, okay, no. 

The scenes that showed the war... and when the dad gets shot... Ugh, I was a mess. War is horrible, and this movie portrayed that perfectly. When you hear the shot go off and then it cuts to the mom in tears, that was moving. I wasn't crying yet at that part, but I was close. I was thinking, "I really should be crying right now." 
I think the tears started for me when Pepper goes to the grave and puts the "magic list" on the stone and says, "I did this for you."

The priest was kind of... I don't know. Not the best? Yeah, that works. He wasn't the best. 

So, I loved loved loved this movie, and I recommend it to all those who are looking for a good movie about faith, God, and love and are prepared to cry. A lot. 

"Do you believe we can do this?" 
"Yes, I believe we can do this!" 

Also, before I sign off, Penguin and I have recently become rather obsessed with the song I See Fire by Ed Sheeran. So go listen because it's pretty addicting. 

Okay, I'm leaving.
--Abby

7 comments:

  1. You didn't rate the movie! :)

    I hope you have fun at the dance tonight! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I actually saw you at Goodwill that day; how weird is that??? I was just leaving and I turned around cuz I thought I heard a familiar laugh (even tho I hadn't seen you in ages) and I saw you over by the dresses! But then my brother was like, "C'mon, we gotta go, I have practice and I'm gonna be late!" So off we went. And I couldn't say hi. :P

    Yum! I haven't had the chai latte. But I have had their mocha blende! AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i saw you there too! i was gonna say hi but i turned around ad you were gone! i said hi to your mom though.
      i've never tried their mocha blende, but i definitely will next time i'm there!

      Delete
    2. oh funny! she never told me ;)
      It's the best!! :) How was the chai?

      Delete
    3. AMAZING!! well, one time i got it and it was too cinnamon-y, but the last time i got it it was perfect!

      Delete