Thursday, April 30, 2015

Me and My Stage Fright Problems.

Today, I was sitting against a wall at school with Tessa and Grace, eating lunch as happily as a girl eating Americanized Chinese food who had finished her UCLA math test only the period before could. I thought my lecturing days were over for the year. 
See, every high schooler has to lector for school Masses held on Tuesdays and sometimes Fridays at least once. I had already done it this year (a terrifying experience) and I thought I was in the clear. 

But seeing as this is me we're talking about, and my luck tends to be exceptionally bad, I was wrong. 
Naturally. 
A teacher came up to me while I was eating and said, "I need some lectors." 
I'm lecturing tomorrow at Mass. 

...

WHHYYYYYYYY. 

The first time I lectured, it didn't go well. I started shaking and couldn't breathe and almost collapsed multiple times. Yes, my school is fairly small, so it's not like I'm lecturing to hundreds and hundreds of people. But I am lecturing to about 150 people. How will I survive?? I wont!! 
Remember my stage fright episode on Medieval Day? 
WELL THIS IS EVEN WORSE BECAUSE IT'S MASS AND IF I SCREW THIS UP ITS A WAY BIGGER DEAL BECAUSE IT'S GOD AND THIS IS A SCARED SACRIFICE WE'RE PARTICIPATING IN SO I CAN'T EXACTLY SCREW THIS UP!!!!!! 

Okay, it's actually not so big of a deal if I mess up a little, but still, I'M SCARED. 

I wonder if I ever hurt my readers heads with all the caps I use... 

I am so nervous, I always do horribly at these things!! 
But I digress. 

Lately, I've come to realize how important dance is to me. Dance and writing are my two passions (hence the name Quills and Curtsies). I've been dancing for about twelve years now, which is slightly mind-blowing if you think about it. I've done everything from tap to ballet (lots of ballet...), contemporary to aerial, ballroom to swing. It's kind of a part of me now, and it's so hard to let it go. 
I'm taking a break from dance for about two months. Mainly because in May I have mid-terms and my huge science final and confirmation... etc. And then in the first month of Summer, we're going to be traveling a lot; Northern CA, Massachusetts, Maine, and possibly New York... We're kind of doing a big trip to the East Coast to visit family and also to see a Red Sox game, of course. 
I'm kind of nervous for my break. Mostly because I'm worried I wont be able to keep my strength and flexibility up. I try to stretch at home, but I tend to forget...

I really want Summer to come. 
After this week, I have two weeks left of school before mid-terms. Not a typo; two. Two weeks. 

Wasn't it only yesterday I was complaining about school starting? Where did the time go?? I'm slightly freaking out because Tessa and I need to finish up this science final ASAP. We might be presenting to the board of the school!! 
Another thing to add to my stress pile. 
When Summer comes around, I wont be this stressed out; trust me. I can't wait to see Maddie in the Summer! 

Alright, it's super hot all of a sudden, so I'm going to have some ice cream because it's too hot for tea. How sad is that. 
--Abby, who isn't good at wrapping up posts. 

5 comments:

  1. But you did it! You did the lecturing! And the petitions too!
    Yeah. I always *tried* to stretch at home. But it didn't really happen. Then when I quit ballet I was like, "I am GONNA keep my flexibility up! I didn't work for this for years just to lose it!" And...how many times have I stretched since last summer (when I quit)? Not many. :P
    Ooh fun! Massachusetts and New York are cool. (I have cousins in both places.) Go Red Sox!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SAME I've only actually stretched, i.e., *actually stretched*, once since i started my break from aerial. i'm going to be so out of shape! i actually had a stress-dream about it last night UGH SO ANNOYING!!

    Yeah, im super excited for our trip next month! turns out that NY is too out of the way and we can't go :( but im still looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SAME I've only actually stretched, i.e., *actually stretched*, once since i started my break from aerial. i'm going to be so out of shape! i actually had a stress-dream about it last night UGH SO ANNOYING!!

    Yeah, im super excited for our trip next month! turns out that NY is too out of the way and we can't go :( but im still looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SAME I've only actually stretched, i.e., *actually stretched*, once since i started my break from aerial. i'm going to be so out of shape! i actually had a stress-dream about it last night UGH SO ANNOYING!!

    Yeah, im super excited for our trip next month! turns out that NY is too out of the way and we can't go :( but im still looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yup. :P

      Sounds so great! It'll still be really awesome!!

      Delete