Thursday, April 2, 2015

Lazy on Break and Growing Up too Quickly.

Aaaaaaaah, break. 

I'm sitting in the sunroom, still kind of asleep because I got out of bed a half an our ago and I haven't gotten dressed yet. But I have a mug of chamomile tea that's still too hot to drink and my brothers are playing Lego Lord of the Rings, which I feel like is one of the better Wii games we have (not that I like video games, but it's hard not to like this one). You can be all the characters and explore all the different places (and there are a ton of them) and they have the music and stuff and WOW I HAVE TO FINISH READING THESE BOOKS. Blaze keeps saying "verily". I think he's still in Medieval Day, mentally. 
The only one who had to go to school this morning was Rosie (I was still in bed when she left YES I LOVE EASTER BREAK). She doesn't go to a Catholic school, so there are times like this when the boys and I are lounging around in flannels and Mary Rose is off learning German. (She takes a freaking German class!) 
What's annoying is the dark circles under my eyes and my sticky eyelids. I stayed up later than I should have last night thinking about movies and coming up with new plots for stories. But I wasn't worried because I could sleep in as long as I wanted XD. 

But I digress. 

A couple of weeks ago, in P.E. (pointless exercise) I was talking to my fiend Em. She was saying, "When I was eleven, I couldn't wait to be fifteen! And now that I am, it doesn't feel very special." 
That's so true, though. When I was younger, ten, eleven, I couldn't wait to be a teenager and learn how to drive and have all this independence. But I would think, oh, it's not for a long time. 
Well, a long time became now. And frankly, Em's right, it doesn't feel very special. I'm turning sixteen this year. I feel too young to be sixteen, but too old to be fourteen. Sixteen seems so...old. 
Every time I see an elderly lady, I think, someday, that'll be me. Someday I'll be old and senile. But that's not for a long time. 
I turned fifteen before I knew it and my first year of high school has been going by in the blink of an eye. I'll be a hundred before I know what's going on. 
Ugh, sometimes I feel too old. And other times I don't feel old enough. I'm going to college in a few years. Like, WHAT?? No, college still feels like that place where I'll end up someday, but not for a long time. 
I keep saying that, in a long time, but it always ends up becoming now at some point. 

But I digress. Again. 
Wow, two posts in two days. I guess I really am on Easter break ;). 
--Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment