Sunday, May 3, 2015

H.M.S. Pinafore

Last night, I saw what has the potential to be one of the best plays I've ever seen in my life! I might be exaggerating a little... Maybe it wasn't the best, but it was my favorite by far! 

It was so wonderfully done, the music, the costumes, the acting, everything. I almost
regretted not being in it. But there's always next year... Grace's older brother Matt played Ralph. At the part where he was tying himself to the anchor so he could toss himself overboard, he was shaking and crying and.... I think my heart actually broke for him. He is such a good actor! He was shaking and crying so hard he couldn't try the knot, so, of course, Dick Deadeye came over ad offered his help. 

Words cannot describe. 

The girls wore so much makeup, they looked fake. And the GUYS... Wow, it was hilarious. They all wore spray-on tan on their faces and necks, and their hair was slick back with gel. They looked like sun-burnt mannequins. It took me a second to recognize some of the actors and actresses because of all the makeup they wore. And most of them are friends of mine, so it was kind of interesting to see them pretending to be someone else for a bit.

TECHNICALLY you could say I helped on the set, because we painted some of the flags and stuff they used in art class. So yeah. Technically. 

I loved everything about the play, it was amazing. I can't wait to be a part of it next year. 

(Watch as I end up not doing it.) 
(I can dream, can't I?) 

Tessa and I got a lot of our science final out of the way today. I'd say we're about 1/3 of the way done. We wrapped up data collecting and research today, as well as the procedure paper and the data tables. Now we have two weeks to finish up...another 2/3. 

Fun. 

--Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment