Thursday, May 7, 2015

My Post-School Adventure with Coffee and Books.

You guys. 

You. Guys. 

Books. 

Like, seriously, must I say more? 

Today, Blaze, Penguin, and I went straight from school to the bookstore. And then Starbucks. Which we probably shouldn't have done because coffee makes me either really hyper or reallllllllly tired (yesterday I had coffee in the middle of the day and I almost fell asleep in Theology class). Plus, Starbucks supports abortion and all that, but I mean, they have this new drink called the s'more frappuccino which was kind of amazing. 

But back to the point. 

BOOKS. 

I love bookstores. Walking up and down the aisles, knowing that there were whole worlds under my fingertips when I picked up a book is so awesome. I kept running into different copies of Emma; they were everywhere! I started to wonder if it was a sign from God: Buy this book! Buy this book now! 
I didn't buy it, but in my defense, I already have it. Plus, it probably wasn't a sign from God. 

I can get so wrapped up in fictional worlds. If you haven't cried over fictional characters, if you have NEVER sat in your room at night, hugging your knees and morning over the death of a loved one that some writer you've never met before created out of their own imagination, then you have never truly lived, or had a childhood, or loved. 
Have I ever mentioned I tend to exaggerate? No? I tend to exaggerate. 
I'm sure you've all had a childhood and loved and whatnot. 
BUT IT'S NOT THE SAME IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE THIS!!!!!!!! 

I picked up a book on one of the shelves, and opened to page one. Yup. Me, standing in the middle of the aisle in my Catholic-school uniform, in the midst of all the hustle and bustle of the large bookstore, started reading my new adventure. I stood there for like two or three minutes before I suddenly blinked and pulled myself back into reality. After a moment, I saw Penguin going down the escalator with his impish grin, giving me the shaka sign, and I remembered where I was. 

I bought that book, and frankly, I'm a little reluctant to admit it, but that book was Divergent. I kind of cheated and watched the movie with Maddie last Christmas before I had read it. Now I'm reading it. And I know everything that's going to happen. *whimper* 

Blaze and Penguin and I were reading in Starbucks, which was actually attached to the bookstore, for like twenty minutes. It was kind of an awesome afternoon. 

So, I only have to school ten more times. Yeah, ten. Seven more normal days, three exam days. 
Also, yesterday was my last aerial class for two months. I'm already kind of missing it. I'm going to be SO out of shape when I go back... 
But on a happier note, I mastered this new drop I've been working on... As in, I would wrap myself for it and be about to drop, but then I'd think about it and walk myself out of it. You fall BACKWARDS. Not forwards, backwards! It's terrifying! Especially when you're twenty feet up! But I did it yesterday! I had been talking to a friend of mine right before class, and I told her how scared I was for the drop. She said to think of her right before I dropped. So the last thing I thought before I dropped was her, and then I took a breathe and dropped backwards. Half-way through, I mentally screamed, "What the heck am I doing???" 
But I did it!! 

Alright, I have to go do some Theology homework. 
--Abby

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree! YOU HAVE NOT LIVED if books have never (even for just a minute) become your life! Books are the best!!

    ReplyDelete