Thursday, May 28, 2015

"And They Were Filled with the Holy Spirit..." Acts 2:4

Last night I was confirmed in the Catholic Church. For those of you who don't know what that means, I chose my faith. At Baptism, our parents chose our faith for us, in a way, but in Confirmation, I choose it for myself. 
The archbishop of our diocese came to my perish to say the Mass. He gave a beautiful and inspiring homily. One of the things he said was that God--the almighty and everliving, the powerful and infinite Creator of the universe--want to be with each of us. He wants to be with me--sinful little me. 





Being a Catholic these days is hard. But the archbishop pointed out that it's actually is a great time to be a Catholic because Christ's Way isn't supposed to be easy. There are challenges at ever corner. 
I don't feel too different. I walked into the church, I walked out, same as I do every Sunday. But now, I'm an adult in the Church. When the bishop took his thumb, dipped it in oil, blessed me, and said, "Lucy, be sealed with the Holy Spirit..." it became official. 
My saint was St Lucy. She was about my age when she died and was so brave that even the violent threats that were all around her didn't shift her faith and love for God. That's something I want to have as a Catholic, but I think it's going to take some work ;p. 


I'll always remember my Confirmation day. It was really amazing. 
I also got to see a friend of mine who moved to Montana about a year ago. It was really great to see her and I'm super happy that she's visiting :). 

In other news, yesterday afternoon, I went to see an aerial show that some friends of mine were in. They were all amazing! Lately I've been feeling a little... hesitant about continuing aerial, but when I watched their show, I thought, This is what I want to do... You don't realize how amazing and beautiful it is until you sit down and watch it. When I do it, I try to think about making it look pretty, but often I'm thinking about how sore I'll be the next day or how big of a bruise I'll get... But I really do love doing it. When you watch it, it's breathtaking, and when you do it, it's... I can't even explain it. Thrilling, riveting (painful, in some cases). 

Today was a lazy day, and I got no writing done. I really need to get this first draft done this summer, or at least before November. 
We'll see how that goes. 
--Abby

7 comments:

  1. Congrats!! :)
    I was really amazed by the show! ;)
    That's okay. A lazy day can be good for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!
      I know, wasn't it great??
      I actually did get a hundred or so words in yesterday after I posted, so it wasn't totally a lazy day.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it was awesome!!
      Good for you! I got 0 non-school writing words done yesterday. ;) I'm cramming right now to finish up asap...!

      Delete
  2. Oh and btw, I espeically loved the second pic in this post. Really cool! <3

    ReplyDelete