Friday, May 22, 2015

SUMMER!!!

I FINISHED OMIGOODNESS I'M SO HAPPY IT'S SUMMER!!!!!!!!!! 

Guys, guess what. 

I'M DONEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Yesterday was my science presentation and I didn't realize how nervous I was until Tessa and I actually got up there. IT WAS SCARY. I didn't talk nearly as much as I should have, but Tessa was great. I'm just so glad it's over and that we finished it on time. 
Yesterday morning, I was so done with school and so ready for ninth grade to just be over already. I was so ready, in fact, that I put milk in my fruit tea. 
*hums It's the end of the world as we know it...* 

I had so much sugar at school. Em did her science presentation on the affects of coffee on the human pulse, so we all got coffee. Then some presentations were baking-related, so I also ate cupcakes and cookies. 
After school was the awards ceremony and I GOT ON THE HONOR ROLL!! I also got silver in the Latin exam I took last March!! That's big! I did not expect that!  

Then there was the annual Seniors-faculty volleyball game, which the faculty won. Not everyone stays for that, but a lot of people from my class and I stayed to watch/took a million selfies on the soccer field. 

The girls of my class have an annual end-of-the-year sleepover party, but this year we cut out the sleepover part and just made it an afternoon-evening thing. Tessa couldn't make it, but Jill, Grace, Em, Hannah, and I had a blast.
 We wanted to take some fancy pictures to commemorate the end of our ninth grade year, so we found a high hill overlooking the whole city and took pictures. I asked Em to send some to me but she hasn't sent them yet, so we'll hold off on the photo dumping until later. 
Then we went to see Age of Ultron!!!! It wasn't as good as the first one, but it was good. It was really funny, and the plot was exciting. It was super LONG though. I just kept waiting for them to wrap it UP already! I also didn't like how it was so anti-Catholic. Like, really? You just decided to not be cool anymore and start making fun of us? That's low. The first anti-Catholic quote was Ultron saying, "Upon this rock I will build my church," and I was thinking, okaaay..... Then when the Vision showed up, I immediately didn't like him, and that was before he said, "I am, I AM." 

fjnjeuickrjdnxuieJXDMIEKLXJWUmdejkwxrhjduekjrnxmd 

NO. 

But other that that, it was a pretty good movie! Quicksilver was amazing and Hawkeye has forever been my favorite. When we got out of the movie theater, we were all in the three-minutes-to-suit-up-and-save-the-world kinda mood. Plus, we were pretty hyper from the candy and chips we smuggled in (shhh). Em's mom was supposed to pick us up, but we couldn't sit still so we just started walking and met her half-way. 
We couldn't stop talking about it. Hannah and Jill even made plans to join S.H.I.E.L.D.'s boot camp. Every time they had to do something, they would pose dramatically and say "NEW MISSION!" If they needed water, "NEW MISSION!" Making lemonade, "NEW MISSION!" Em has a tree house in her backyard, which was declared the new Avengers HQ. We kept having to remind ourselves that the movie wasn't real.  
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars 
Favorite quote: "Actually, he's the boss. I just pay for everything and design everything, make everyone look cooler."  

We made s'mores, watched Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and did races on the street in the dark. Em carried me, and Hannah carried Jill, and Grace filmed us running down the street--but only for two seconds because Em tripped and dropped me. 
My butt hurts. 

A TON of pictures were taken all day yesterday, and as soon as I can get them, I'll put them on here. But until then, I'm off to enjoy the beginning of my vacation. 
Happy Summer! 
--Abby 

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on being doe with school!! Doesn't feel awesome?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! We finished on Thursday. I have SO MUCH free time on my hands now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I slept in until 10 and it was amazing! Summer is the best thing ever!! I can't wait until the beach days start! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMIGOSH we have to get together at the beach!!

      Delete
  4. LUCKY!!!! I'm not done till the 17th! Sad, right? Yeah. Sad. Anywho. :D Hopefully I'll finish up all but math and comp before then. Hopefully. ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!

    (P.S. Sorry I'm just commenting on all your posts now. I'm finally getting a chance to read your blog!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ouch, the 17th? im sorry, but it'll be over before you know it :D. and dont worry about the comments, i really like reading them! comment as much as you like!

      Delete
    2. it had better be!!! :)
      hehe, thanks! ;)

      Delete