Saturday, November 1, 2014

Ah, November...

I got my wish! It started last night when my family left to go trick-or-treating and I got the house to myself. I did what any other person would do if they were alone on Haloween night: drink tea and watch Cupcake Wars. 

Then it started to rain. 
When my family got back from trick-or-treating it started pouring! We all ran into the sun room and you could really hear it; a sound like giants stomping on the roof. It's was fantastic! 
Then we were all in the living room at about ten-thirty p.m. (except Blaze who has gone to bed and Lilian who was brushing her teeth) and suddenly it went pitch black. We all groaned, "Are you serious???" Except Lilian who started screaming from down the hall, "I CANT SEE!!!" 
Our power returned later that night, but until then we proceeded to find some light: candles, phones, glow sticks, and Rosie's Ninja Turtle flashlight. 
So that was my Halloween. 
This morning it was sunny, much against my wishes. Then it turned rainy again. Right now It's deliciously dismal and depressing and cold. Im outside and even with my sweater in freezing. 
Actually I'm at a park with my sibs, my dad, and some family friends. They're playing sports which I simply cannot do. So to pass the time I wrote my sonnet for English class and took some pictures of these beautiful picture-perfect clouds.  
I love black and white clouds. And I love autumn. And I love rain. 
Oh and speaking of autumn, this is what happened when I decided to experiment with autumn colors: 
Makes me think of Picaso/ a crazy person who just kinda scribbled all over the place. Oh wait, that's me ;p 
Before I sign off, here's my sonnet. Remember, it's a first draft, so its not amazing.

My sonnet 

When spotlights shine on the stages here. 
There is no actress sweetly chanting lines.
 An empty stage for no one does appear.
They have not heard, they do not see the signs.
Oh how I wish to be that actress brave! 
So confident; recite my tale to all.
I sit here with my mask, oh, just a slave.
A face that people see but don't recall. 
My face is hid'n and hidden it shall stay.
I cower in my shadow here I cry.
Alone in all my sins I wait and lay.
So many times I ask the question why.
By me my sins were done and now I crave 
The day when He will come to me and save. 

I will make changes. You can be sure of that. 
I hope you liked it! It's kinda sad and depressing, but I like it and it's my sonnet so I can do with it what I will.
--Abby

2 comments:

  1. The pics of the clouds are so amazing! Ohmygosh I love rain so much….
    And that's a really cool sonnet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't clouds fabulous? I wish I lived in one...XD
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete