Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pre-Thanksgiving post

Yes, I was going to wait to post tomorrow, but now's a good a time as any, right? 

*crickets* 

Ok then. 

Thanksgiving is tomorrow, and I'm really excited! Every seven years or so, my birthday is on Thanksgiving. The perks of that: I get an AWEOME birthday dinner! The drawback: I don't get to choose my birthday dinner. I mean, turkey's great and everything, and pies are delicious, and omigoodness, I could live on stuffing. But theres something very satisfying about picking out your dinner and whatnot. 

Anywho. 

Thanksgiving is such a great holiday. Not quite as great as Christmas, but pretty close. (When Christmas rolls around, I'll get to do another post about how amazing Christmas is, but for now I'm sticking to November) My dad usually makes Thanksgiving dinner, but this year I'm helping out. I'm more of a baker than a cook, but I'm also not an amazing baker. The hardest thing I've ever baked is cookies, so that should say something about my lack of baking. But this year, I'm going to do something more! 

(Watch as I end up making cookies XD) 

When I think of Thanksgiving, I think of great food, family, colorful leaves, autumn-y, homemade center pieces for the dining table, cider, fire places blazing... 
Usually, this is where the my writer instincts kick in and I write an impromptu poem/sonnet/story about Thanksgiving, but honestly, I got nothin'. My writers block is gone, I think, but I haven't done a ton of writing of the late and once you get out of the habit, it's hard to get back into it. I feel like drawing more, these days. It might be the watercolor pencils I got for my birthday... I don't have very good drawing paper though... I'll figure something out. 

In other news, I finished reading The Blood of Olympus and have passed it on to Blaze.

SPOILER ALERT: DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU WOULD RATHER NOT HAVE THE BOOK RUINED FOR YOU.

 The ending was both happy and disappointing, like 
*sigh* Oh I'm so glad he didn't die. He really doesn't deserve it. That was such a peaceful ending. 
but also 
SERIOUSLY??? Thats how your going to end it????? They fly of into the sunset, the end???  

Really, for five books they worried and stressed about Gaea and go on this huge quest plus a bunch of mini quests to stop her, and then it turns out that she awakens, does minimal destruction, is only like twenty feet tall (I was expecting her to be bigger than all the giants considering she's, you know, the earth), and they stop her by having a little battle, and all it takes is Piper telling her to go back to sleep and a missile thing and poof: problem solved. They really built it up too much. I was expecting more. 

SPOILERS OVER.

Well, I'll probably post tomorrow. But in the unlikely event that I don't (which is very likely) 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!! 

--Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment