Friday, November 28, 2014

Post-Thanksgiving post

The day after Thanksgiving. Black Friday, National Leftover Day, National Start-Counting-Down-The-Days-Till-Christmas Day..... The aliases are endless. 

I'm back to writing, though I'm still not sure what to write about. I have a story building up in my mind, but its kind of a "dead-end" story; meaning, I'm not sure where I'm going with it. Its about a really big family who lives in a beach house and theres a mystery or something... I haven't worked out the details. 
Yesterday I wowed some people by telling them that the longest thing I've ever written is almost 9,000 words. Its not crazy impressive compared to some people I know, but I'm proud of it (Its my Claire story that I recently finished). I have a problem with starting a story then getting bored of it, so when I finished Claire's story, I was pretty proud of myself. In fact, I was so proud, I managed to get Blaze to read it, and he never likes reading any of my stuff. At the end, I asked him what he thought and he said, "Really weird." I should have expected that. He thinks everything I write is "strange. weird, but strange." XD Besides, its a love story, so I wouldn't expect him to love it. 
He also doesn't like music, so I can't really trust his opinion. 
Who doesn't like music????? 

I finally put my new watercolor pencils to use: 

Pretty fancy clipboard, huh? 
It's my take on the burning bush story from the Old Testament. Sorry its such a bad photo. I feel like I went overboard. I don't like the background, the weeds shouldn't be there, and I HAD to add Moses's staff and sandals. Why...? *sob* But I like the bush. And the fire's pretty good too. 

I'm going to try and do some writing today, but sadly, I have some history homework I have to finish first. I'll see what I can do... 

--Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment