Monday, September 8, 2014

Heaven is for real!!!

Last night I saw Leave It To Psmith, preformed by local high schoolers. I knew most of the actors, and they all did amazing!!!!! I didn't actually get into bed until 11:30-ish, so I was so reluctant to get out of bed for school this morning, but it was totally worth it! I want to act now. Maybe I'll be in the school play this year... I love going to plays, and I love being in plays too.
Back to Leave It To Psmith. The guy who played Freddie was awesome, so was the girl who played Miss Peavy! The girl who played Freddie's mother (I can't remember her name) was perfect for the role; she had a high pitched voice and everything. Then, of course, there was Eustace. Who was fantastic. 
Wow, I almost forgot Psmith. He was great! The guy who played him did wonderfully! 
Naturally, I was tired today. So was everyone else who had gone. But it was worth it! 

Today I had my first art class! It was great, if you're wondering. We're making stained glass windows for the chapel (with wood and tissue paper XP) and we're each supposed to come up with a design. I spent most of the time deciding what my design should be. I was going to do the Sacred Heart, but then this kid next to me pointed out that we already had a stained glass window of the Sacred Heart. So then my friend randomly pointed at a picture of Mary and said, "Do this one." She wasn't serious, but the class was almost over and I didn't have anything, so I settled on that. I'm hoping it comes out okay. 

Hmm, lets see... 

I was reading one of Shannon Hale's books, and she used the phrase, "the blue shadow." For some reason, this stuck with me. Do you ever get that? Like, sometimes you hear something and it slaps you in the face and shouts, "Hey, look at me!! I'm really cool and different and you need to pay attention to me!!!" Have you ever heard anyone describe a shadow as "blue"? And yet, when you think about it, it's really true. 

Ok, my dad told me this really intense story. He has this friend who used to work for him who has been suffering from cancer. Today, he came to my dad's office and told him a story: 

Nine months ago, he was having surgery. The doctors had to basically remove his neck and replaced it with skin from his thigh and his arm (gross) and he died during the surgery for five minutes. And he remembers everything. He remembers being surrounded by angels. He met the archangels and everything. He was running across a gauntlet towards the gates of Heaven and devils were attacking, trying to reach him before he reached the gates. The angels around him were protecting him from the attacks. He wasn't in Heaven. He said that he doesn't think that you could be able to see the Beatific Vision and then return to this body. My dad asked if he thinks the gauntlet was Purgatory, but he doesn't think so. Now, he's writing a book about it and helping all those who are suffering from a disease. 

...

WORDS DON'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE HOW COOL THIS IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN YOU PICTURE THAT??????? RUNNING ACROSS A GAUNTLET WITH ANGELS SURROUNDING YOU AND DEVILS ATTACKING YOU AND THE GATES OF HEAVEN SO CLOSE??????????????????????????????? I WOUND'T WANT TO COME BACK TO LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I'm..... I'm.......

I don't know what to say anymore. 

--Abby

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you came to the play last night, I had a lot of fun with you!

    ReplyDelete