Friday, September 26, 2014

How awesome are gel pens

Today my friend and I had way too much fun with gel pens. Like, more fun than would be expected, considering they're gel pens. Basically, if you're bored and have some gel pens you don't mind ruining (and you're don't mind having your clothes slightly stained), then heres a recipe for instant weird-fun: 

  • Grab a gel pen (colorful is preferred and more interesting) 
  • Take it apart until you have the middle part with the ink.
  • Take off the tiny cap 
  • Grab a piece of mechanical pencil graphite (is it graphite? I think it's graphite) 
  • Stick the graphite (?) into the ink thingie until you hit the gel (not the ink, the gel on top) 
  • Play with the gel for a mo for the heck of it. 
  • Stick the graphite all the way down to the ink and watch the ink mix with the gel. 
  • Swirl and have fun with your new and improved gel pen!  
My blue gel pen is never going to be the same again, but it was totally worth it! I don't recommend doing this to all your gel pens; you do need some to make pretty, colorful doodles and whatnot. But if you have a color you don't like, either do this yourself or give it to me so my friend and I can re-live the moment. 

(And if you're reading this, friend-I-shared-this-moment-with-whoes-name-will-go-unmentioned, I'm still laughing inside XDDD) 

Progress reports went out today. I didn't get one, which is a good sign; my teachers only send one out if your grade is C average or lower. I did, however, see my Theology grade: 101.5%!!!!!!!!! I went over 100%!!!!!!!! 

Art class is still great. I got bored with my shell picture and moved on to another picture, which I think is pretty much finished. Its a cross with the Bible and the Sacred Heart. I like doing the Sacred Heart because I like drawing the fire on top. Its more abstract and easier for some reason. 

In piano, Blaze and I are preparing for a holiday performance we're going to do in December. Blaze is doing Away in a Manger and I'm doing We Three Kings. I'm pretty excited, actually, I've never done a musical performance before. Every performance I've done has either been acting or dance, so this should be interesting. 

I really feel like drawing, so I think I'll go do that. I haven't gotten the app yet, so, sadly, you may have to put up with some more of my art-that-I've-taken-a-picture-of-and-posted. 

Sorry... 

--Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment