Friday, September 12, 2014

I have about ten songs stuck in my head

School got out an hour or so ago and already I have half of my homework done. Huzzah! 

This was me this morning: 

Standing on the stool and throwing my arms out dramatically: 

"Though you're no queen of Sheba
for worlds I'd not replace 
your su-u-u-u-u-uny, funny face!" 

Brushing my teeth: 

"Traditio-o-o-o-o-o-on, tradition!" 

Washing my hair: 

"When you're a jet you're a jet all the way 
from your first cigarette to your last dying day
When you're a jet you're the swingingist thing
little boy, you're a man
little man, you're a king!"

Making lunch: 

"Look for the 
Bear necessities, those simple bear necessities
Forget about your worries and your strife 
I mean the 
bear necessities, those mother natures recipes 
that bring the bear necessities of life!" 


Would you care to know why I was feeling particularly musical this morning? 

Oh, did Loki, Olaf, Sherlock, Miri, Percy, and Elizabeth Bennet take you on a wild, musical adventure with dragons and pegasus and did you get to fight Luke and solve mysteries and go to balls and meet Elsa and rule Asgard and stuff? 

Ha. 

I wish. 

Thats an odd collection of characters. 

But thats not why I was singing. 

Two words. 

...

HOLLYWOOD BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Last night was high school cultural night out and we all went to the Hollywood Bowl to listen to Beethoven's Ninth and some music from West Side Story, which is one of the best movies out there. If you have not seen it; SHAME! 
It was so awesome though! We had pretty good seats. We got there at 6:00 P.M. and the show started at 8:30 P.M. so we basically ran around for two and a half hours. You can see the Hollywood sign from where we were sitting. I've only seen it a couple of times before. To those who have never seen it; it's not super impressive. It's smaller than you might think. 
(I hope I didn't kill anyone's dreams of seeing the Hollywood sign. Mea culpa, mea culpa...) 

My friend and I were actually talking about the Hollywood sign when we were there. The D at the end is a bit far away from the O and it bugged us a little. (My friend is a little bit O.C.D. about these things;) 
But the sign is cool. It's definitely worth seeing. 
The whole experience of being at the Hollywood bowl is absolutely amazing. It was HUGE! We ran around and were crazy, then ate and listened to the music. Which was.... I can't even describe how awesome it was. The music floating around us, the stage, the hills, the Hollywood sign looking down at us..... I can't. I can't describe. Its impossible. 
But there were these lights in the hills that would flash like every two seconds which was distracting, and there were helicopters flying around shining search lights into the hills and stuff. It's L.A. What're you going to do. 

Anyways, now I'm thinking of movies. Maddie, my cousin, and I love old movies; Funny Face, The Thief of Bagdad, West Side Story, Top Hat, Sabrina, Swing Time, Shall We Dance, the list is endless. We absolutely LOVE Fred Astaire and Audrey Hepburn, so we were really excited when we discovered the movie Funny Face which has both of them. 



I completely and totally recommend any of his movies and any of the movies I listed above. He does a lot of movies with Ginger Rogers, who is another one of my favorites. 

I'm running out of things to say. Go to the Hollywood Bowl if you ever get the chance and the next time you feel like watching something, try one of the ones I mentioned because they are awesome!! 

--Abby

3 comments:

  1. I love Fred Astaire, Ginger Rodgers, and Audrey Hepburn too! They're so great :)

    ReplyDelete