Sunday, September 7, 2014

Oh boy, another poem

Hi!

So I changed the background. Ta-da! I was getting really bored of the other one.

I actually wasn't planning on posting, so lets see if I can throw a post together.

Hmmm.

OH. For English, we're studying Anglo Saxon riddles and over the weekend we had to write one ourselves. But writing a riddle in Anglo Saxon is waaaaay too complicated (it doesn't even sound like English!) so we had to write it in Anglo Saxon style: no rhyming (yes!), no meter (yes!!), and fancy, imaginative, details (YES YES YES!!!). I'm kind of excited. XD

Heres what I came up with:

Swiftly singing, I whisper secrets. 
Ice-cold fingertips brushing by. 
Turning lips from rose red to blue, 
Laughing lightly, I run and play. 
'Leaf-weaver' they laugh. 
I skip and sway along the road. 
Happily tugging at hair, blithely taunting. 
But others can say they have seen me wild. 
With rain, with lightning, with howls, they have seen. 
Moaning at doors, calling through cracks, 
Sobbing at windows, whistling at chimneys, 
Pleading, weeping, pounding, they've seen me. 
As I cry to be let in, given some warmth, 
On this rainy night, I beseech you, I beg. 
Then the rain stops, then singing, they say,
Takes place of it all, my pleasant music, 
As soft and as haunting as a child's cry.
What is my name? 


Can you guess what it is? If you think you know, leave a comment. Blaze read the first two lines and guessed right, so it shouldn't be too hard... This is the first draft and I might make some changes. Scratch that, I'm definitely making changes. Later.

Tomorrow is my first art class! I'm so excited! My teacher is a really awesome artist.

I believe Ronnie and Lilian are having a little kerfluffle.
(Kerfluffle
 noun
 a fight, argument, or mess-up of any kind) 
I'd better sort things out.

--Abby

1 comment:

  1. I love the new background and your poem is amazing!!! Hope you have a great time at art tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete