Monday, August 18, 2014

Beach days

Alrighty. Beach days.

Yesterday, we went and met with some friends at the beach. I have these friends that I've known since we were one or two, and it's always a lot of fun to see them.
Anyways, we like talking about Percy Jackson and what the next book (The Blood of Olympus) will be like. I think we've decided that Rick Riordan is going to kill Leo, since he's the "seventh wheel." Plus, he made that promise to Calypso that he'd come back and rescue her from her island, so it would make a lot of sense if he died. I don't like Frank, but my friends do, so we're not exactly sure what Rick Riordan will do to him...

If you don't read Percy Jackson, then A) this will have made no sense to you and B) GO READ IT!!

Today, I met my class at the harbor near my house. It was fun, there are a lot of shops there and for some reason we tend to go into the hat shop a lot and try on a bunch of hats without buying any. They had some pretty interesting looking hats there too; hats that looked like animals, fedoras, big poofy hats with flowers and bows, etc.
We went to the beach too, and my jeans got SOAKED. And sandy. Thats the worst. Basically, we climbed rocks, buried people, and got really wet. XD

I get to go to the beach again tomorrow. I can't imagine living somewhere where you can't go to the beach every day like this....

School starts in eight days. Only eight more days...

And because I like doing impromptu stories, poems and stuff, I'm going to write an impromptu poem about the beach, since that seems to be the theme of this post. I named it The Sparkling Sea, but its not just about the sea, its about the whole beach:

The Sprakling Sea by moi

Waves crashing,
Seagulls singing,
Foam splashing,
The sparkling sea.

Surfers surfing,
Ice cream melting,
Sand castle building,
The sparkling sea.

Hot sand burning,
Hair flying,
People laughing,
The sparkling sea.

Sand dunes rising,
Smiles growing,
Always loving
The sparkling sea.


I got writers block after that third stanza. Then I thought of sand dunes.

Now I will go eat. The only thing I had to eat at the harbor today was ice cream. And I split a coffee thingie with my friend. And these peanuts I got that I thought were normal peanuts, but they were Japanese style. Spicy...

--Abby

2 comments:

  1. Love the poem, Abby. And I agree with you about how wonderful it is to live near the beach and be able to go there any time. Sounds like you're having a fun end to your summer vacation--xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the impromptu poem! Perfect summer snapshot. Love, your new biggest fan

    ReplyDelete