Sunday, August 31, 2014

Poetry

Hi!

I've been fiddling around with the design here. I've changed the font for the post title, as you can see. I may change the font for the actual post too.

I'm thinking about changing the background. Would you hate me terribly if I changed the background?

I have a couple poems for you! This first one is not written by me:

 Good-bye, Hello! by Laura Purdie Salas 

Good-bye, blue sky
Hello, walls
Good-bye, sidewalks
Hello, halls
Good-bye, seesaw
Hello, seat
Good-bye, messy
Hello, neat
Good-bye, barefoot
Hello, shoe
Good-bye, old clothes
Hello, new
Good-bye, cookouts
Hello, cooks
Good-bye, boredom
Hello, books
Good-bye, walking
Hello, bus
Good-bye, lonely
Hello, us
Good-bye, sweaty
Hello, cool
Good-bye, summer
Hello, school! 


(That was a pain to type ;)

This poem was written by me. I wrote it for school last year. It took forever to get right! Since it was for school, I couldn't write whatever I wanted, however I wanted. I had to add a simile, a metaphor, the right meter, alliteration, etc.

Wolf by moi 

A fat, full moon sits in the sky. 
The dry, dead leaves of autumn lie. 
A creature dark sits on the hill. 
The wind sweeps through the midnight chill. 

The stars are out, they shine dim light. 
The yellow eyes like fire bright. 
With pangs o' hunger large, he prowls. 
Then lifts his silver head and howls. 

Took, SO many drafts! Comment and let me know what you think!

In other news, it's my dad's birthday! Happy birthday Dad!!!

:) 

--Abby, who needs a cup of tea

2 comments: