Sunday, August 24, 2014

Sunday; the day after Saturday and before Monday

(As you may be able to tell, I don't know what to call this post)


Today we went to the Latin Mass, which was beautiful as always. During communion, I noticed a woman carrying a little boy back to her pew. They passed one of the Stations of the Cross, where our Lord is carrying his cross, and the little boy points up to it and says something like, "Look! Look!" For some reason, this scene kinda stuck in my mind. It was almost as if this little boy was saying, "Look, Mommy! That's my Savior dying for me!"

Or, I don't know, maybe he was pointing at the pretty colors in the picture.

On the way to Mass, we passed by an air show thing, where an airplane was doing these tricks and leaving a white trail of smoke. It was pretty cool to watch. On the way back from Mass, we passed by it again, except this time it was a helicopter. A helicopter! And it was doing even crazier stunts than the plane!
Some things we said while watching the crazy helicopter:

"I never knew a helicopter could do this." 
"The guy in there must be really nauseous." 
"Don't worry, I bet he's got a barf bag." 
"That's crazy!" 
"That person's insane." 
"I'll bet Abby wouldn't be able to do that without throwing up." (THANKS BLAZE!!!)
"Yeah, I bet I couldn't either." 
And then, my favorite. This is from Ronnie:
"I see it! It's POOPING!" (Here referring to the white smoke) 
Do all two-year-old's say stuff like that? I guess so.

In other news, the school picnic is today. The park that it's at every year is close enough to walk to from my house, which is nice. This is Blaze and Penguin's first year at this school, and I'm hoping they won't have a lot of trouble getting used to the whole routine and everything. They've been home schooled up until now. I started school in sixth grade, and it took a little getting used to; the early mornings, all the homework, the deadlines, etc. It's a big step from home schooling to going to school. Luckily, they're going into sixth grade and fourth grade, and at my school, those grades are pretty chill. You don't really move from room to room and you only have two or three different teachers. So, I think they'll do okay.

Last night my siblings watched Tarzan, and I watched a few minutes of it with them, so every once in a while now I'll talk in a British accent. Disney is awesome guys.

I should go get ready for the picnic. Cheerio, pip-pip, huzzah and all that.

--Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment