Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Last day of Summer people!!!

Tomorrow is school. Correction: Tomorrow is high school. I'm a freshman. I don't feel like a freshman... Aren't freshmen supposed to be mature and stuff? I still love pegasus and candy and Disney movies. Heck, I'll be drawing Elsa for all eternity! It's a curse I tell you... Those songs are addicting...

Anyways. This year looks pretty interesting. I'm really very happy with who my math teacher is going to be this year. Theology is never extremely hard. Except exams. But I don't have to worry about exams until December. Science is going to be a brain stretcher. But it's going to be an awesome brain stretcher! We get to learn about black holes and such. We kinda started talking about them last year, and even that little bit of information we learned made me rub my temples and think, "Ooooooooooooh my brain is not used to all this stretching..." BUT it's going to be really interesting. I love learning about black holes and others space stuff like that because it's so crazy and different and you can't help liking it! Did you know theres no time in a black hole?

*mind blown*

I was planning on writing a poem about the end of Summer, but I didn't have time this morning. I had to go to the orthodontist to get my braces tightened, then I was obsessed about finishing this book, so I never got around to it. I think I'll make it an impromptu poem. I do those a lot now.

End of Summer by moi 

From beaches to classrooms, 
From comic books to textbooks, 
From vacations to field trips, 
From Summer to school. 

From boredom to busy, 
From shopping bags to backpacks, 
From sleeping in to alarm clocks, 
From Summer to school. 

From T-shirts to uniforms, 
From couches to desks, 
From bare feet to Keds,  
From Summer to school. 


Oh, yay! Another poem that doesn't rhyme! 


OKAY OKAY so it's not my best poem ever. I got writers block on the second to last line and so I thought of bare feet, but I wasn't sure what to compare it to. So I went with Keds, because those are what I wear to school.

And no, I don't read comic books. Okay, I will every once in a while read Calvin and Hobbes, but I don't usually read them. I wanted to use lockers in one line, but I couldn't figure out where it would go...

Anyways, it took me about five minutes to come up with that, so that should explain why it's so bad.

So yeah, wish me luck tomorrow. The first day of school is somewhat intimidating. It stares at you and growls, "MUAHAHAHA I have you in my clutches for the next nine months! PREPARE TO DIE!!!"

Summer, please come back... 


I like this cause it makes me think of Summer 
So yeah, wish me luck in ninth grade. I wish you luck in whatever grade you're about to enter into.

--Abby

2 comments: