Thursday, August 21, 2014

KIVA and aerial



For a few years now, I've been doing this thing called KIVA. It's where you can loan $25 to someone trying to start a business or trying to earn money for food or clothes etc. They have a list of people from all over the world you can loan to.
I found Lorna yesterday. She's a married woman with four children and lives in Kenya. She's trying to sell tea leaves to earn money for her family. I chose to loan her the money because a) I'd like to help her out, and b) I love tea...

Yesterday in aerial, I learned a new move on the hammock:

This is not me, by the way 
It's called an outside split. It's pretty complicated to get into. It doesn't look like it, but it is. It involves a lot of twisting; both getting in and out. I'm not very good at twisting. I realized that half way through doing this move for the first time. XD

So, I recommend giving KIVA a try. You could change a life.

Ladida.

Off I go.

--Abby

2 comments:

  1. And c) because you have an uncle from Kenya? :) I don't think I knew you liked tea! I will have to get you some of the Kenyan tea. It is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, I actually wanted to do someone from Kenya because of Dexter! And YAY!! I would love to try Kenyan tea!!!

      Delete