Sunday, August 3, 2014

Rain, Poems, and Lucy

It's raining.

RAINING!!

Well, it was earlier. But seriously, it's August! And where I live, it never rains!! It's still over-cast and I'm hoping for more.

Meet Lucy!




Sorry, I drew Lucy on my English note paper so you can kinda see my notes in the photo...

Lucy is one of my characters. I mentioned I'm not an artist, but Lucy is easier to draw because she's not supposed to look realistic. She's supposed to look kind of animated. Basically, she loves books, is a really good student, is very shy, and is a bit of a neat freak. I'm not sure why I made her looking uncomfortable, but I think she's embarrassed about the book-mess surrounding her.
Every time I draw Lucy, she looks slightly different. It's aggravating, not being good at art. Anyways, I love Lucy. She's so sweet!!

One last thing: I wrote a poem last night I want to share with you.

Seasons by moi 

Waves and sand, 
Ice cream in hand. 
Sing low, sing high, 
To the deep, Summer sky. 

Falling, falling, 
Red laves flying. 
Orange and gold, 
Autumn, bright and bold. 

Crystal white snow, 
Soft morning glow.
Winter, pure white 
Is a dazzling sight! 

Pale pink petals, 
Silver, cold rain, 
Announcing that Spring
Has come, yet again. 


Ladida.

--Abby, who is mad because she made tea before posting and now its cold.

       
      
   




6 comments:

  1. Sorry, in the poem, "laves" is supposed to be "leaves." *blushes*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a truly lovely poem. You have talent, and I'm so very proud of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby, I've just learned about your blog from Jenna. I've enjoyed reading everything you've written, but I especially enjoyed this poem. It's lovely--and rather surprising, since it's written by a California who's never experienced real seasons. Keep up the good work! xoxo G-ma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm so glad yo like my poem! I hope you have fun reading my other posts.

      Delete
  4. Abby, I was just introduced to your blog, and I LOVE it! I will use this poem in school on Monday with your cousins and I will do a whole lesson with it...and I know the author's bio, hehe!!! Love you, girl! Fill up some rivers with ink!!! Joncle Oli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad you like it!
      Miss you all!!

      Delete