Friday, August 15, 2014

Impromptu story

Yes, I did change the font. Like it?

I feel like writing, so I'm going write something right now and post it. Impromptu story time!!
I feel like writing a memory. Let's see...
I got it!! Ok, this is a night about a year ago when my dad, Blaze, Penguin, Mary Rose, and I were flying to Boston:

---------------------------------------------------- 

It was cold. 

The parking lot seamed to stretch out in all directions, filled with cars, but no people, except us and another family waiting with us. 
I shivered and sat down on my suitcase. "Dad, what time is it?" 
Dad looked at his watch. "About 11:15." 
The only light was from the street light above us, next to where we were waiting for the shuttle to come and take us to the airport. 
My siblings were getting restless, wondering aloud when the shuttle would get here. I put my head on my fist and tried to get comfortable. 
"Hey!" Penguin shouted. "I see it!" 
I leaped up, along with everyone else. We cheered when we saw the headlights of a shuttle, then groaned when it drove away in the opposite direction. 
"Great," I mumbled under my breath. I sat back down and rubbed my arms. The darkness of the night seemed to deepen as we waited. Every minute felt like an hour, and soon I felt like we would be there forever. Forever sitting in the cold, under this graffiti-covered street light, lost in this sea of cars... The thought made me shudder. 
Blaze's shout brought me back to reality. Before I could process what he had said, a light was shone in my eyes. I blinked and saw a shuttle pull up. Dad was telling Mary Rose  to back away until the door opened as I grabbed my bag, relieved to finally be away from this shuttle stop. 
We all piled on, Mary Rose barely making it before the doors closed again. We threw our bags onto the racks and sat down on the blue benches. The shuttle moved forward, and I fell a little, as there were no seat belts and I had forgotten to hold on. I grabbed the seat and looked out the window. The sea of cars seamed to have no end. Suddenly, I was thrilled, and I sat back and tried to relax, knowing I wouldn't have much of a chance to do it again until we were on the plane. 
---------------------------------------------------------- 

For those of you who have never been on a plane, it's quite an experience. For those of you who have never been on a plane late at night, it's a thrilling experience! For some reason, it's so exciting to me to go on a plane, especially at night! Waiting for the shuttle, riding the shuttle, going through security, boarding the plane, etc. etc. And doing it at night takes it to a whole different level. For me anyway. Some of you may not agree.
Anyway, that night kinda stuck in my mind. I may be doing a lot of impromptu stories because I like them.
Farewell, puny mortals!

--Abby

1 comment:

  1. Abby! I just discovered your blog and I am loving it. I feel like this is a magical new side of you that I never knew before. You are super talented and funny and I'm so excited to read more!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete