Monday, August 4, 2014

Warning: this post contains spoilers. Read at your own risk.

I'm in the middle of reading The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, and yesterday I read The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle. And I TOTALLY knew who the culprit was!!! So take THAT, Ryder!! If a fourteen-year-old girl, who has never been able to guess the culprit in any Sherlock Holmes stories before, can figure out who did it, and be right, then you should've found a better hiding place for the stone, Ryder. Seriously, stuffing it down a goose, then loosing the goose? Shame...

If you haven't read that story yet, mea culpa, mea culpa. But, I did warn you in the title...

I found this thing called Sketchbook Pro, and it looks pretty cool. The only problem is, I don't know how to use it. If you have any experience with it, please let me know, because I'm in the dark about it.

I'm also trying to figure out why all my posts are going on google plus and if I can stop them from doing so. This whole blogging thing is still new to me. ;) Bear with me for a while until I get the hang of it.

Here is a sketch I did of Sherlock, because I'm kind of obsessing over the book right now.

"Come Watson, the game's afoot!"


His hands turned out HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. Here was my reference picture. My sketch looks pretty bad next to it.

Sherlock Holmes

OK, Blaze, I know you're laughing about how bad it is right now, and frankly, I couldn't agree more. XD
I was bored, okay? 
I was working on facial expressions. She's supposed to be hearing something shocking, so thats why one ear in slightly higher and bigger than the other.
I'm fairly happy with how her hair turned out. Hair is the hardest part to draw for me.

Thus ends another blog post.


--Abby XD







3 comments:

  1. Sherlock Holmes stories as so unique! I love your little drawings.
    Please may you check my blog out, will mean a lot!
    Amy xx
    Amyrosexoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ikr!! Thanks!
      Of course! Thanks for stopping by x)

      Delete
  2. I love Sherlock Holmes!! This was a fun post and I love your drawing :)

    xx arushee

    ReplyDelete